Bulli kids race strong at NSW Inter-Branch Championships
The 2011 NSW Inter-Branch Championships were held over the weekend at Rehead Beach in the Newcastle area. Very testing conditions made for interesting racing with a strong southerly sweep and washing machine conditions with a 3ft-4ft surf running adding to the excitement.
Oscar Bradley had to withdraw from the team during the week to a virus and Sean White stepped into his shoes and performed well. Bernadette Cardillo also was suffering from a mystery bug with a severe chest infection also causing her to withdraw from the team.
Our 15 members contested individual & team events and helped Illawarrra Surf Life Saving jump back up to 5th spot in the point-score, knocking off South Coast for that placing.
Some strong individual performances and top 6 finishes were recorded by;
* Mitchell Fagerstrom - 1st Open Male Surf & 5th Open Iron-person
* Hannah Minogue - 1st Open Female Ski, 2nd Open Female Board & 3rd Open Female Surf
* Lachlan O'Grady - 2nd U17 Male Ski, 3rd U17 Male Surf & 5th U17 Iron-person
* Mali Taylor - 5th U13 Iron-person
* Elizabeth Crilley - 5th U19 Female Ski
* Emma Lockhart - 6th U19 Iron-person
Again well done again to Mitch Fagerstrom (Co-Capt), Sean White, Hannah Minogue (Co-Capt), Carly Fagerstrom, Emma Lockhart, Elizabeth Crilley, Ryan O'Grady, Beau Wheeler, Jamie Brinkworth, Lachlan O'Grady, Bridgette Lockhart, Kiah Taylor, Bryar Lunney, Mali Taylor & Phoebe Basham on their efforts & selection.