Registration and Eligibility
NIPPER REGISTRATION FOR UPCOMING 2019/2020 SEASON is now open!
Please read our “Essential Guide to Nippers”
SELECTING THE RIGHT AGE GROUP FOR NIPPERS
- Age groups for Bulli Nippers are set by SLSA and remain a minimum age of 5 years (U6) up to a maximum age of 13 years (U14) on a seasonal basis.
- The age group is determined by the nippers’ age at midnight on the 30th September each year.
- Please note : Proof of age/birth certificate must be shown for all new children joining a Surf Club or for any child that has not produced a birth certificate.
|1st October 2005||to 30th September 2006||U/14|
|1st October 2006||to 30th September 2007||U/13|
|1st October 2007||to 30th September 2008||U/12|
|1st October 2008||to 30th September 2009||U/11|
|1st October 2009||to 30th September 2010||U/10|
|1st October 2010||to 30th September 2011||U/9|
|1st October 2011||to 30th September 2012||U/8|
|1st October 2012||to 30th September 2013||U/7|
|1st October 2013||to 30th September 2014||U/6|
All Nippers must be registered with Bulli SLSC prior to participating at Nippers or any associated events eg board training. This can be done either online or in person at Bulli SLSC. Please note children must have obtained the age of 5 years by the 30th of September before they can become a Nipper member. However, a child may commence after they have attained the age of 5 years but under SLSA requirements must stay in the U6s age group for the following year.
Bulli SLSC requires that at least one parent or guardian join as a "General" member with all Nipper members.
1. HOW TO REGISTER
We prefer online registration.
New members - Online registration and payment go to https://sls.com.au/join/
Existing Members - Online registration and payment go to https://members.sls.com.au
Check your contact details are correct, renew membership and make payment.
2. PAY MEMBERSHIP FEES FOR YOU AND YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN
Nipper Children (5-14yrs) - $70
General (Nipper Parent/Guardian) - $60
Family Membership - $240 (2 adults & 2 children under 18) and $30 each child thereafter.
Bulli SLSC is a NSW Active Kids Provider - if you use your NSW Active Kids Voucher:
Nipper (5-14yrs) - $100 - membership $70 and clothing voucher/carnival entries $30
Family Membership - $300 (2 adults & 2 children under 18) with 2 x $30 clothing voucher/carnival entries
- Each child thereafter - $30 membership with $70 clothing voucher/carnival entries
When you pay online, the system will ask you to put your Active Kids voucher information into the system so please have your voucher ready.
Please Note: All new members must show identification - either their birth certificate/passport/licence - BRING ALONG TO CORRIMAL POOL OR FIRST DAY AT NIPPERS
3. COMPLETE A POOL AND SURF COMPETENCY EVALUATION FOR ALL NIPPERS U6 TO U14
Attend Corrimal Pool, Short St, Corrimal (entry fees to pool apply) to complete a compulsory pool competency evaluation on either of these days:
- Sunday 15 September 2019 10AM - 12PM
- Sunday 22 September 2019 10AM - 12PM
SURF COMPETENCY EVALUATION TO BE DONE AT BULLI BEACH ONCE NIPPERS HAS COMMENCED
4. PURCHASE THE REQUIRED SAFETY CLOTHING AND OTHER CLUB APPAREL - we will have our clothing shop set up at Corrimal Pool
There are 2 mandatory items that you will need to purchase:
- Pink high visibility singlet
- Bulli club cap
See the Apparel page for information on how and when to purchase these items.