2017 Awards & Presentation Dinner - Life Saving Awards
2017 Awards Dinner & Presentation at Bulli Workers Club on Saturday night saw our patrolling members acknowledged for their commitment to patrols. Life Saving is the No.1 priority for surf lifesaving clubs and we must not loose sight of that. We have some great patrolling members but unfortunately there can only be a few winners. So here we go below are our Patrol Members of the Year (male & female), our Rookie Patrol Members of the Year (male & female) plus our Patrol Team of the Year.
Rookie Patrol Member of the Year (Male & Female)
• With his kids starting to do patrols Jason jumped on board & helped the club out with this particular patrol team
• Even though a rookie added maturity to this patrol team
• 62.5hrs patrol over & above what was required
• Obtained his IRB crewman award this season as well
• Always wearing correct patrol uniform, always relied upon to help with set up & pack up of the beach.
• 100% patrolling member.
• Belinda obtained her Bronze this season plus also her First Aid Certificate
• Continued to do junior activities roles clothing coordinator, age manager & water safety
• Decided in the new year to assist with patrols & jumped on a patrol
• Completed 26.75hrs patrol (100% commitment)
• Received Club Rescue Citation
• Always wearing the correct patrol uniform requirements
Patrol Member of the Year (Male & Female)
• Amassed 81.75hrs patrol hours this season (travelling from Penrith)
• 100% patrol commitment
• Correctly dressed in patrol uniform (even though loves to get the shirt off)
• Has awards Bronzer Medallion & Silver Medallion Basic Beach Management
• Obtained his IRB crewman award this season & is in the process of finishing off his Silver Medallion IRB Drivers Certificate
• A reliable mature patrol member always doing the right thing when on patrol
• Holly is a very quiet member and goes about her business on patrol in a mature manner, always wearing the correct patrol uniform
• Obtained her Bronze Medallion at the start of this season
• 64.25hrs patrol
• 100% patrol commitment
‘Owen Mercer Memorial Patrol Team Efficiency Award’
Patrol 8 Nathan Flint (Captain) Markus Meier-Lindner (Vice Captain) Belinda Elliott Christine Churchill Hamish Bell Max Vercoe Braiden Byrne Bryar Lunny Brendan Neville Bronte Sweeny Georgia Green & Jade Swann
This patrol led the way in how they performed their duties when rostered on patrol. Led by Nathan & Markus they made sure that the team was always vigilant in wearing of patrol uniforms and safety of the community in the water was paramount. There was always a presence of patrol members on the shore line watching over the flagged area, roving patrols were conducted on the unpatrolled areas along Bulli Beach. The beach set up of all equipment was always spot on.