9 days until Cancer Council Relay for Life - Bulli Team is excited!
Well it is only 9 days to go to the big event and our shirts for the event were picked up last night - it is getting exciting ...hope you are all still looking forward to it...I know I am!!..WARNING...this is a very long email with lots of information but it is all very important.
We set our fundraising goal at $1800.00 this year as we quite easily passed our goal of $1500.00 last year and to date we have $510.00 in online donations...well done!!
Our leading fundraiser so far is Lakeisha Graham-Jackson with $160.00, Connor Basham in second place with $115.00 and Josh Gordon in third with $40.00. Please note that this is only in online donations...so if you have raised money by cash/cheque...please let me know so I can keep the rest of the team informed.
I know it can be difficult to raise money, so chin up, stay positive and do the best job that you can do as every donation counts towards raising money for this worthy cause. To add to our goal we will be selling lollies and used books at the event so if you have any old books in good condition please let me know.
For any of the team that are staying overnight you will need a tent to sleep in...some team members have already advised that they have two man tents which are perfect as they do not take up too much room. The surf club will also be supplying one of the clubs carnival tents to set up our stall and be our main area to relax between laps.
So over the next 9 days please refer to the following check list to ensure that you are ready for the event:
* Continue Fundraising * Decide what times you are available for the event and let me know * Gather together any used books that you would like to sell * If you are staying overnight please let me know so we can ensure there are enough tents to sleep in * Get a bit of endurance walking practice in....only joking...but you never know it may help you on the day!
On the day of the event:
* Be there for team photo at 9.00am ( you can leave after this if you cannot stay and return when it suits)
* Bring entry fee so that I can collect it and ensure that all of us are paid for
* Pack a variety of clothes...shorts, trackies etc in case of a change of weather
* Wear sturdy, comfortable walking shoes
* Pack healthy snacks/fruit etc to sustain your energy & money to purchase any other food that you may need...the prices are always quite reasonable
* Wear a Bulli Surf Club Baseball cap to identify our team to the public..anyone who does not have a cap please let me know so I can arrange one for you?
* Pack sunscreen as you can get quite burnt over the duration of the relay
* Bring a fold up chair to relax on when you are not doing laps & pack a reuseable water bottle as cool pure filtered water is provided throughout the event to all participants for free
* If staying overnight...bring tent if needed, something warm to sleep in, sleeping bag and whatever else you may need
We also would love to see your family and friends if they wish to come visit, walk a few laps with you or even bring in something as a treat for the team - any form of support will be greatly appreciate.
If anyone out there in the community would like to support TEAM BULLI please feel free to contact me on the email address below.
Bulli Surf Club