Seniors perform well at 2017 State Championships @ Swansea Belmont
Final wrap up of results for our Masters & Seniors at the 2017 Suirf Life Saving New South Wales Championships at Swansea Belmont saw the club pick up 1 Gold & 1 Bronze medal....bit light on from previous years but the effort of our members can't be questioned.
Gold to our Open Men's Gelcon crew of Shane Geloven, Dean Roberts, Heath Mercer, Ben Lowe & Fraser Worthington who successfully defended their title from last season (Bulli have won the last 4 NSW Open Boat titles).
Bronze to our U15 Female Surf Team of Zara Sharman, Kaimana Fittock, Sian Bourke & Jasmine Locke.
Top 6 placings & points to the club were;
- 4th 220yrs Masters Men's Boat Crew (Barry Lowe, NIgel Taylor, Peter McLaren, Rod Mercer & Chris Mercer)
- Kaimana Fittock 4th U15 Iron person
- Zara Sharman 5th U15 Iron person, 5th U15 Female Surf & 6th U15 Female Board
- U23 Men's Boat crew 5th (got smashed when leading back to shore) Barry Lowe, Albert Smeaton, Iszak Lunney, Kyle Mercer & Lachlan O'Grad
- Open Men's Black Sheep crew finished 6th in the Open final Paul Jones, Damien Clark, Dan Porra, Mitch Roberts & Adam Barlow.
It was all about surf over the days of competition & in a fair few races our members were sitting in great positions only for 'hughie' to not favour us, oh well bring on Aussies! #mysurflife#carnivalwithwaves
Well done to our U19 Boat crew (Paul Jones, Braiden Bryne, Brendan Neville, Hamish Bell & Max Vercoe) on making the last 8 at their first major carnival.
Top 10 finishes also to Mali Taylor U19 Female iron person,our U15 girls in the Female Board Relay & Cameron Relay 👍👏