Nippers do club proud!
Final wash up for our nippers at the 2017 NSW Surf Life Saving Age Championships at Swansea Belmont over the past 3 days. 4 seasons of weather greeted everybody over the days, surf conditions varied & timetables changed due to the weather & surf but all up our kids did outstandingly!
Heaps of finals, many first timers competing and 5 medals brought home. 36 kids did the club proud and we are sure there are some proud parents.
It is all about racing in a team environment, achieving goals and personal bests, meeting new friends and enjoying the moment and from all reports our kids had this in bucket loads.
Massive congratulations to our medal winners;
* 2nd U10 Female Board Grace Crittenden
* 2nd U13 Mixed Cameron Relay Jade van Duin, Lucas Ottaway, Jeremy Woodford & Heath Wheeler
* 3rd U12 Female Board Rescue Chelsea Jones & Sara Locke
* 3rd U11 Female Board Rescue Imogen James & Jazz Munro
* 3rd U13 Male Surf Lucas Ottaway
Top 6 placings and earning points for the club were;
- 4th U13 Iron-person Lucas Ottaway
- 4th U12 Female Surf Chelsea Jones
- 4th U13 Male Surf Teams Jack Pritchard, Heath Wheeler, Jeremy Woodford & Lucas Ottaway
- 5th U13 Female Surf Holly Holmesby
- 5th U12 Female Surf Teams Sarah Locke, Chelsea Jones, Kiri Crittenden & Jazz Munro
- 6th U11 Mixed Cameron Relay Zane Hammersley, Imogen James, Jazz Munro & Brayden Woodford
BULLI SLSC finished 17th in the overall point-score!
A lot of effort goes in behind the scenes during the season with coaching & making sure that proficiency's are completed and then of course leading into and at the championships logistics need to be coordinated and people putting their hands up for roles that the club needs to fulfill.
Thank you to all that played a part including our club coaches, team manager/age managers, competition secretary, club officials, parents that put their hand up to transport craft & tents to the event, our hard working officials, water safety personnel, guys that performed IRB power-craft duties and our members doing first aid shifts.
The club is so proud of your efforts.
Check out the gallery soon for some photos of the weekend.